Former PhD-student in Artificial Intelligence, with extensive knowledge of programming, LaTeX (and friends) and font technology. I'm also fairly well versed in cognitive science.
Apart from knowledge in computers and programming, I'm a sceptic (and a Bright). I'm also well-read in dinosaur palaeontology (although strictly as an amateur with no practical experience).
My current day-job is as SysAdmin at the European Spallation Source. Running mostly OS X (incuding Server) but some Windows and Linuxes as well. Currently (as of may 2012) I am on loan to the Integrated Controls Group as a software developer.
Avid Gamer, Role-player and SciFi-fan.
Top Network Posts
- 49Does grep use a cache to speed up the searches?
- 31Does standalone LaTeX exist?
- 26Should you not work out within an hour of waking up?
- 19Identifying a story about a girl who turn out to be an alien
- 15How to write units?
- 13Which is which in XxY specifications (i.e. 5x5, 3x5, etc.)?
- 11"PIN Number" — why do we say it?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.